Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should I pack?
- Island life is very casual. Shorts, t-shirts, sandals and flip-flops are appropriate for most restaurants. Bathing suits ARE required at all beaches, it's not that casual! Passports are required for non-U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens need either a passport or birth certificate, and a government issued picture id (driver 's license).You will also need a passport to visit the British Virgin Islands.
2. What time are check-in and check-out?
- Check-in is 4:00 PM
- Check-out is 10:00 AM
3. Should I rent a car?
- A car is not necessary, but it is recommended. Island taxis can be expensive and inconvenient to tour the island. Driving is on the left side of the road, but it's easy to get used to. Hertz, Avis, Budget and others are located at the airport.
4. What is the address of the condo?
- Elysian Beach Resort
6800 Estate Nazareth
St. Thomas, USVI
5. What is supplied at the condos?
- Bed linens and bath towels are provided. Beach towels are provided at the front desk of the Elysian resort. Return them each day and pick up fresh ones for the next day.
The kitchen is fully-equipped with all appliances, dishes, utensils and most importantly cocktail and wine
A starter supply of toilet paper, dish soap and dishwasher detergent is provided, but depending
on your use you may have to purchase additional items. Sundry goods are available in the small on-site
shop. The refrigerator has an ice maker and there are ice and soda machines outside of Building H.
-The condos are Wi Fi equipped and have cable TV. There is a TV and DVD player in each room. Some snorkeling equipment is provided, but serious snorkelers should bring your own. Additional equipment is
available for rent at the resort beach shack.
6. Where can we buy groceries and liquor?
- Food Center on Rte. 32 is on your way to the condo. It's a supermarket that stocks most items, including
beer and wine. The prices here are high, but it's convenient.
- Cost-U-Less is on Rte. 38 near the Home Depot. This is similar to a Costco or Sam's Club, but membership
is not required. Many items are sold in bulk which means you'll buy more crackers or toilet paper than
you could ever use in a week! They sell beer, wine and liquor.
- Price Smart is also on Rte. 38 near the Tutu Mall. It's nicer and less crowded than Cost-U-Less, but there
is a $10 membership fee. They also sell beer, wine and liquor.
- Marina Market is located across from the marina in Red Hook. As the name suggests it caters to the boating
crowd. Selection is limited, prices are higher, but it has a wonderful wine selection and gourmet items.
7. Will my electrical devices work on the Island?
- Electrical outlets on St. Thomas are 110 volt current, the same as on the U.S. mainland. Hair dryers are
provided in all bathrooms.
8. Will my cell phone and Blackberry work on the Island?
- Verizon, Sprint and AT&T all provide service on the Island. Verizon charges roaming fees. While it will work
on the Island, we suggest you leave your Blackberry at home--you're on vacation mon!
9. How do we get to St. John or the British Virgin Islands?
- The ferries to St. John and Tortola depart from Red Hook, which is less than 2 miles from the condo.
Ferry schedules are available at www.vinow.com . Make sure you verify the last ferry back to Red Hook or
you'll be sleeping on the beach! A passport is required to visit the BVI's.
10. What are the best beaches?
- All the beaches on St. Thomas are public. The beach at the Elysian is our favorite because its quiet, hard
to reach if you're not staying there, and there are plenty of beach chairs, shade, sun and waiter service from the pool bar.
- Other favorites include Coki Beach (great snorkeling), Magen's Bay (world famous for its beauty) and
Sapphire Beach (great views of the BVI's). If you go to Coki Beach don't worry about the locals who try to direct you to a parking space for a fee. Parking is free so park anywhere you want. Beach chairs can be rented all day for $10 each.
- Trunk Bay and Caneel Bay on St. John are spectacular, but plan to spend a whole day there or the ferry ride isn't worth it.
11. What if I misplace the keys?
- First Option call Matthew on the condo staff. His cellphone is (340) 514-8994 and he is generally around the resort until about 4:30 PM on weekdays.
- Second Option: Call Sue at (610) 783-0693 or (484) 431-9642 to get the combination to the key box located in the closet outside each condo.
- Note: there is a $400 charge for unreturned keys to change the locks and make new keys.
12. What do I need to do when departing?
- There are departure instructions in each condo. When you get home return the keys in the self-addressed
envelope we provided. When we receive the keys and confirm with our on-site representative that there were no damages to the condo, we will return your security deposit.
13. Where can I find information on St. Thomas and all it has to offer?
- Check out the following links: